Sunday, August 28, 2011

Muddy Buddies

Monday, daycare was closed so we stayed home with Mommy and she made Noah a quillow...a blanket that folds into a quilt. Mine is next! He liked his - it was pretty cool. I can't wait until she's done with mine! It's gong to be beautiful.

Thursday was tie-dye day. We look forward to this every year. It's so awesome! We both decided we wanted swirl designs. We got to pick our own colors and dye our own shirts. Sadly, we didn't get to take them home until Friday. But, Friday when Mommy picked us up and we were so proud to show off our new shirts! We decided we want to wear them to the state fair.

Friday after daycare, we were only home a few minutes before Mommy told us we were going to a town up north to pick up Daddy and have supper. We drove past a big lake on our way to Perkins to meet Daddy. He met someone with Mommy's old car. The girl Daddy talked to bought Mommy's old car and we brought Daddy home.

Saturday, we got to watch Rapunzel on the Wii and play at home most of the day. It was a good day to just sit at home and play. It was very nice out, so we got to eat outside twice.

Mommy asked us if we wanted to run in a race with a mud pit - I was SO excited. Especially after seeing the video of it! Noah said he wanted to until after the video - then he said he wasn't going to do it. But, we have to go pick up Mommy, whether we do the mud race or not.

Today, Mommy got up really early to pick up Lars and go to their muddy buddy run. Later, Juanita picked up Daddy and us and brought us to the race. They finished before we got there to see them, but they were covered in mud when we got there to see them! I didn't want to touch Mommy. But, Daddy got us registered for the kid's race. I was so excited to run through the mud pit. After waiting a while, we got to the starting line. Noah was so excited - he was yelling "let's get muddy!" "I can't wait to get to the mud!" The announcers who were starting us were holding the microphone up to Noah for him to talk because he was so excited! Daddy said Noah was getting the crowd pumped up, too! He asked Noah and me to say our names & ages in the microphone before we started.

Finally, it was time to start the race. We had to run through a muddy field for a short distance and Noah lost his shoe! I climbed over the 4-ft wall then waited for Noah to put his shoe back on. Then, we ran under a sawhorse and through old tires. When we got to the mud pit, that's where I wasn't so sure I wanted to finish. I realized it was really squishy - The mud around the mud pit was squishy. And once Mommy convinced me to come in the mudpit, I got stuck! Mommy had to pull me out and carry my over the flags we were supposed to crawl under. She put me down but I was stuck again. She ended up carrying me through all the flags. I didn't mind being muddy as much as I minded being stuck in the cold, squishy mud up to my knees.

Noah jumped in the mud pit more readily, though he hesitated at first when he got to the mud. He ducked under the flags - he didn't crawl. But, he ran through all by himself. There was a guy squirting a fire hose at all the people in the mud pit. When Noah got sprayed, he turned around and held out his hands for the guy with the hose to wash his dirty, muddy hands. He said people laughed at him, and he wanted them to stop laughing, but Mom said they were laughing because they thought it was very cute.

Noah waited for us when he finished the mud pit and we all ran through the finish line together. We got our own muddy buddy medals (they're rubbery - mom says that's so we can't hurt each other with them.) They're on ribbons that go around our necks and everything. We also got shirts. It's so cool!

We walked around a little and found Lars and his boys, then went to wash off. That's where I started to hate it. They didn't have warm baths - they had cold hoses to wash off. And, there were so many people, water was squirting in my eyes. I was cold, had water in my eyes and all wet. I just wanted a towel, but Mommy had to run back to the car to get it.

Once Mommy ran back to the truck to get the towels, I was better. Noah and I got dried off, put on clean, dry clothes with a warm sweatshirt and had a snack. It was a fun day - lots of people cheered us on and told us how cool we were for finishing the mini-muddy-buddy race. I don't know if I'll do it again, but it was kind of fun. Noah had fun, too, but I don't know if he'll do it again either.

Before we went home, Mommy drove a big truck on an obstacle course. We got to ride in the back seat with her! She drove on some really bumpy ground - sometimes we only had 2 wheels on the ground. She drove over logs and rocks, up a muddy, slimy hill and down the sandy, squishy hill. It was really fun.

We got to ride home with Dylan & Trevor, so we watched Spiderman in the car. That was awesome. We met Mom & Dad at Red Robin for dinner, then went to Dylan & Trevor's so Dad could drop off Lars' bike. It was a good, fun day but we were exhausted. Tomorrow, Mommy and Daddy are going to let us bring our medals to daycare to show our friends. Then, later in the week we're going on vacation.

I'm sad we have to leave Cheyenne at a kennel and she won't be able to go with us on vacation. I cried when Mom said she had to go to a puppy hotel, but Mom & Dad said she'll have fun and we will get to see her shortly after we drop her off.

Have a good week! I know we will. We're looking forward to Angie coming tomorrow and going to the State Fair with us on Tuesday. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment