Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yay! SNOW!

Yay! We got snow yesterday! We were so excited. When we got up, we ran around the house looking at the snow on the ground, cheering, telling Mommy and Daddy about it and watching it fall (Boy was it falling hard when we got up!) What a fun way to cap off an exciting week.
Monday night, we played dress-up and even ate supper in our dress-up costumes. I was Optimus Prime and Hannah was Ariel.
Tuesday night, we had friends over! Mommy's friend Renee brought her three kids over to play with us while Mommy and Renee played volleyball. We had pizza, made cookies and played with them. We play with them all the time at Ron & Carols, and sometimes we've been to their house to play, too, so we know them pretty well. We don't have friends over very often, so it was really fun to have them over to play.
Wednesday, I wrote my own name with NO HELP on my paper at daycare. Mommy and Daddy were so proud. I'm working hard on my fine motor skills. I love to run and jump, but am just starting to focus on smaller things. I really want to learn to write my letters (I've known them for over two years!) and I even buttoned my own pajamas tonight.
Hannah is working on writing her lower case letters. (When she started writing her name, she used capital letters, so she's now learning lower case letters.) She's getting really good at lower case a's now.
Saturday, we woke up to LOTS of snow! It had snowed overnight and was snowing hard when we woke up. Daddy had to go play a volleyball tournament, but Mommy took us to skating. It was a very snowy drive! But, we had lots of fun at skating. We worked hard to walk on the ice in our skates.
After skating, we got to go to the Library. We got some movies, a Spiderman book and a Mickey Mouse book. I love to read, and right now, my favorite book to read before bedtime is The Night Before Christmas.
When we got home from the library, we ate, had quiet time and then played outside in the snow. We played for a long time, made snow angels, 2 snowmen and took the sled around the yard. (Cheyenne ate the face of one of our snowmen...Mommy couldn't find coal for eyes, so she used dogfood for eyes, and Hannah and I gave them carrot noses. Our snowmen are melting today but we'll have to use something Cheyenne won't eat for the face next time we make a snowman.) We had the best time sliding down our slide, though, with all that snow. It was a really big day, and Daddy took us to Red Lobster for dinner that night. It was so yummy! I had shrimp and mashed potatoes-I love shrimp!
Today, we went to Sunday School, then came home and moved our beds from beside the window to a corner. It was a big job that took Mommy and Daddy all day to take down our shelves, take apart our heavy bed, reassemble it and put up shelves on the other side of the room, but Mommy and Daddy didn't like us by the window when we slept, so they're happy to have us moved. We ended the day getting to talk to Aunt Angie on the computer, so we were very happy to see her! We're looking forward to Thanksgiving to see our family again.
We're still very excited about the snow! It will melt fast, but we're looking forward to more snow this winter. :-)
Have a great week!
Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment