Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What a busy week we had!

Monday night was so nice that we went outside and played with our waterguns. Mom & Dad said it was too cold to put water in them, but we still enjoyed being outside.

Tuesday night, we had kindergarten roundup at Beacon Academy! Mom and Dad like the school and I think we're probably going to go there in the fall. We really liked it a lot. When we got to Beacon, we got to meet the kindergarten teachers, then they left us in the kindergarten rooms to play with other kids (and some parent volunteers). Mom and Dad got to meet our teachers, see the school and we got to look around a little bit before going home.

Wednesday, Mommy picked us up to go to Soo Bahk Do. Mommy doesn't come to watch us very often, so we're excited to show off to her when she comes! Daddy even came to see us for a short time before he went to the church to help out at a youth event. I really wanted to take a walk but by the time we ate supper, it was time to go to bed. I was pretty upset about it, but I'm just the little girl, so Mommy won that battle again. Poor Cheyenne. I wanted to take her for a walk, but we just ran out of time.

Thursday night was my dress rehearsal for dance! I got to dress up in my fancy pink costume and practice my dances in the gym. Noah was having a tough day, so he didn't even eat supper after daycare, but I ate a corndog while Daddy got me ready to go to dance. I got there at 6:30 and we practiced the finale and our two dances on the stage. It was so much fun! While I was in the gym, Mommy came to pick up Noah while Daddy waited for me at the community center. Noah was very happy to go home and do puzzles - especially since Mommy took away his Innotab toy (computer tablet) the night before when she found it on the floor.

I didn't even get home until after my bedtime - 8:30!  I had so much fun with all the other girls in dance. It was great.

Friday was our last day of school this week. Next week is Spring Sing, so we're practicing hard and really looking forward to it!

About the time Daddy was going to start cooking dinner on Friday, he told us to put our shoes on so we could go to a restaurant. When we got to the Dairy Queen, Angie, Grandpa & Grandma were there! They came to see my dance recital, but I didn't know they were coming in time to eat supper with us! It was such a fun supper. Then, we got to ride home with Grandpa & Angie. (Mommy drove Grandma back to our house.)

Saturday morning, Mommy made us take showers (Noah took a bath) while we waited for breakfast to be done (Daddy made cinnamon rolls). While Noah was in the tub, I got to go with Grandpa to Thomas Tool. I love my Grandpa.

After we were all clean, we went to volleyball. Noah hurt his wrist during class. Luckily, Angie had a Mater bandaid (from Cars!) so she was all better once his cut was covered. We got to jump when we hit the ball, serve, play popcorn and do some fun drills. And, Grandpa, Grandma and Angie all got to watch us play volleyball!

After dinner, we got to play with Angie's iPad a little and opened Easter gifts that Dani sent. I got sand art and bubbles, Noah got a new t-shirt and bubbles. Noah went with Grandpa, Daddy, Angie & Grandma to Sam's Club, and I had dance dress rehearsal. I was so sad Angie couldn't come with  me! Mommy said she wouldn't be able to watch me, but if she got done with Sam's Club early, she'd come meet us.That made me feel better.


I did my dances and watched the rest of the girls practice during rehearsal. I sat with my friends while we practiced, but Mommy was happy that she was able to watch us practice. While I practiced, Angie came! I was so happy to see her! I'm so lucky.

After practice, we showed Grandpa our favorite movie - Cars 2. He liked it. Noah and I really love that movie!


 We were so proud to have our grandma & grandpa at Sunday School on Sunday! We got to watch a movie in small group - TJ & Penney gave us juice & goldfish crackers while we watched "Dave and the giant Pickle".

After Sunday School, we went to the VFW for dinner, then home to help mommy pull some weeds in the yard (I like helping Mommy use the dandelion stomper to pick weeds!). She made us both try on some summer clothes (I guess it's getting warmer this week?) before I had to get my hair and nails done for the dance recital. I was so excited! Noah tried out his cool new bubbles while I got ready. Lucky!


We got there early so Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Grandpa & Angie could get seats, and I could go backstage. I didn't want my mommy to leave me all alone without her, but a lot of my dance friends were there and she showed me that there was someone there to help me from the rec department if I needed help with my costume. She also came back shortly before the show and gave me some crayons & coloring books from Grandma's truck, so I had something to do while I waited.
I did a great job. Noah said he stopped playing his Innotab and watched me, too. He said i did a great job. I loved it, too. It was fun! I can't wait until next year's dance class. Grandma, Grandpa & Angie gave me a bouquet of mini carnations, and Dad, Mom & Noah gave me a dozen roses for being a great dancer. I was so happy I got more flowers than a lot of the girls! Noah even got flowers from Grandma & Grandpa, too.


We got to go to Wagners for ice cream afterwards. It was yummy! I got a blue berry sundae and Noah got chocolate.

After ice cream, we went home. Grandma  & Grandpa had to get ready to go. We were so sad that they had to go, but they're going to come back next week for Spring Sing. We got to bed late because of such a busy night, but it was a fun weekend!

Have a good week!
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment