Sunday, July 31, 2011

It sure has been a hot couple of weeks!

2 weeks ago, the weatherman said we had a recordbreaking heat. It was so crazy. One night when I said my bedtime prayer, I said "Dear Jesus, thank you for the sunshine but it was too hot!" It was so hot that we didn't even get to go out at daycare for almost a full week.

It helped cool off a little bit to get my hair cut. I made everyone laugh in Great Clips. When I was getting my hair cut, the girl was talking to me and asking me about my computer. I told her that I have a computer but not an iPad. I want an iPad - it's on my Christmas list. Then I asked her for her phone number. Everyone laughed and thought it was cute, but she told me she had a boyfriend and he wouldn't like her giving her number to me.

The hot weather was nice when we went to the lake, though! We went up last Friday and we were excited to be the first ones there! (even though Angie got there a few minutes after we got out of the truck.) Jimmy & Cathy came up, too. After we ate, we went down to check out the lake with Angie and I fell in! The water is so high this year that I didn't realize there was water where I stepped. When we got back up to the house to change, mommy realized she forgot to pack pajamas for me! so, I slept in my baseball shirt and underwear. Luckily, Grandma had brought some pajamas that I forgot at her place, so I wore those on Saturday night.

When we woke up in the morning, Grandma, Grandpa, Lauren, Ben, Dani & Jason were all there. We hung out with Grandma & Grandpa while Mom & Dad went to town to look at cars. They came back with a new car! It was a silver Impala with a sunroof. It was pretty cool, but Mommy wouldn't give us a ride in it because it didn't have our car seats in it.
We swam a little before supper then had a bonfire. It was a fun Saturday.

Sunday, we fished for a little bit before Grand Grandma Marita came up with Grandpa's brother and some of his nieces. It was a great day to swim! We played in the water with a raft, with noodles, rode on Angie's jetski and Mom even went waterskiing! (Mom and both her sisters waterskiied)

It was a bummer to leave, but we had to clean the cabin before we left. We got to ride home with Mommy in her new car. We got to eat supper at a restaurant - we both wanted to go to Perkins, so mom said she'd take us because we both agreed on a place.

Daycare was closed again Monday so we just hung out at home with mom. We looked forward to Friday because it was going to be a fun day for us.

Wednesday, I was very sad because I saw a scuba set (mom said it's a snorkel set, but I call it scuba gear) on the table. Mom said it was Dad's, even though I really wanted it! Thursday morning, Mommy gave Hannah and me each a bag with our very own snorkel & mask! We've been playing with them, though we haven't really used them in the water yet.

Friday, we got to go to a birthday party for one of our daycare friends. Angie came to our house just before we left, so she came with us, too. Hannah was a little shy and took a while to open up and play, even though most of the kids were from daycare. But, once we started playing games, eating food, we had fun. We even got big bags of candy when we went home!

When the party was over, we walked up the carnival. There were so many people - it was just crazy! We'd been watching the carnival rides & games set up all week as we drove by to get to daycare, so we knew what rides we wanted. I really wanted to ride the dragon ride! We met a friend from Sunday school there and rode the cars with her, then she and Hannah rode the dragon roller coaster. Hannah said it was fun but she didn't want to do it again. Then we rode the ride I'd been holding out for! The spinny dragons. Daddy went with us so all four of us were inside the dragon going round and round. It was so much fun! After that, we used our last ticket for the big slide. Hannah went down and said it was so great, but it was too high for me. I got up to the top of the slide then decided it was too high and came back down the stairs.

We walked around the crowds and found Sue (our daycare mom) at the bingo tent. We were so excited to see her! Then, we got piggy back rides to zoom back to the truck to watch fireworks. It was really cool but pretty loud. I didn't like how loud they were.

The rest of the weekend was a lazy weekend. Hannah, Angie & Mom went to the farmers market on Saturday and got balloons for us, we played computer & iPad games, got to slip-n-slide and then filled the pool after Angie left. It was a fun weekend, but it's time to get back to daycare tomorrow.

Have a good week! Mom said if we're good, we can go to Great Grandma's lake on Saturday to see Angie again. Yay!

Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment