Sunday, July 25, 2010


We actually got to play a game at our last baseball practice of the year. We took turns in the field and batting. Our team won. We got to play on the same team, so daddy could cheer for our team. After baseball, Daddy took us to the swimming pool where we met Mommy. We had such a fun day that we didn't want to go to bed.
Daddy was a little bit sad on Wednesday because he said Grandpa Bob had surgery on his brain. But, Daddy was happy the next day when he found out things went well for him. Grandpa spent less time in Intensive Care than he'd expected and Hannah even got to talk to him Thursday!
Thursday, Daddy picked Hannah up from daycare without me knowing he was there. After nap, I asked Sue where Hannah was, and she told me she went to the doctor. Dad said Hannah was a very good patient for her chiropractor doctor. She laid down on a funny table, let the doctor crack her back, and helped the doctor while it was Daddy's turn to get his backed cracked. She massaged his feet like the doctor massaged her back. Hannah said the places that hurt tickled after the doctor touched her back.
Friday, Mommy & Daddy picked us up at Sue's. After we ate supper, we took a bath and then Mommy told us we had a surprise later that night. So, we put on clothes and played for a while, then Mommy said she would take us to watch softball games while Daddy worked on the house. She took us to watch her friend play, but he was done by the time we got there, so we went to the park by our house to watch them play. It's like baseball but with a big yellow ball, and we cheered! We both yelled "GO TWINS" for the teams. We also made a new friend - a girl name Amara was playing with us while she watched her dad play softball.
After softball, we went home, had a snack and put on our pajamas. We got in the truck and drove up to a parking lot near our daycare. We got out and sat for a very long time - but Mom & Dad brought us snacks and had fun dancing to music for over a half hour. A little girl just walked up to say hi to Hannah when the fireworks started! We had guessed that was the surprise when Mommy gave us our fireworks blankets. We were so much braver than the last time we saw fireworks. We didn't cover our ears, and Noah didn't hide in the truck. We sat with Mom and Dad and watched the pretty fireworks.
While we waited, Hannah wasn't shy! There were some boys playing football, so she kept yelling "Hey, you guys! Come over here!" Dad asked her why, and she just said she wanted to talk to them and see what they were doing. Hannah is so funny sometimes.
When we got home, it was late, but we had another surprise. Grandma & Grandpa! (Though, Hannah guessed what the surprise was when we were leaving the fireworks. Mom & Dad said we had another surprise at home, and Hannah said "I think it's Grandma & Grandpa, Noah".) We were SO GLAD to see them! They had just gotten back from a 2 week motorcycle vacation, so we didn't know we were going to see them so soon after vacation.
We got to play with them a little bit in the morning, then they went outside to work on painting the house. We helped, too, though we got bored quickly. Hannah didn't like getting paint on her hands. Daddy & Grandpa worked on boards that looked icky (Daddy said they were rotten and stinky!) so they had to replace something on the front of the house and 2 windows. One of them was in our bedroom, and one was Mom & Dad's window. We were very good and played mostly by ourselves while they worked.
Grandpa brought a cool climbing structure that he kept calling scaffold. I loved climbing it, but Mom & Dad said we could only go up 3 steps. I tried to climb all the way to the top, but Grandma yelled and scared me. I almost fell, but Mommy caught me. Mom calls me a little monkey because I like climbing on things so much! Finally, at the end of the day, Mom & Grandpa moved a plank to the height where we could walk on it without being in trouble for being too high.
We were overtired at bedtime, so we had a hard time falling asleep. But, Mommy told us we had donuts if we were good, so we settled down and fell asleep.
Today, it was more work. We wore our work clothes and helped. We worked so hard, we had to take a nap in the afternoon! Unfortunately, Grandma & Grandpa had to go home. :-( So, we said good bye.
It's getting late and it's been a busy weekend. Have a good week - I am looking forward to seeing my daycare friends again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment