Sunday, March 3, 2013

Grandma & Grandpa visit

This week was a good week at school. I've been doing much better lately at school with my behavior! I had a few weeks where my self control was worn out by Spanish class, but I have been able to control my blurting better lately.

We had a pretty normal week. Daddy went to volleyball on Monday night, Mommy played on Tuesday. Wednesday Daddy went on a church field trip so Mommy took us to Soo Bahk Do. We're getting tired of Soo Bahk Do again and don't want to do it anymore. I have a hard time controlling myself sometimes, but I really am good at it. Hannah is good at it, too. But, I REALLY want to do Science Explorers at school on Wednesdays instead.

After Soo Bahk Do, we made our own supper: Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwiches. AND it was a great day because we got mail. Mommy sent Hannah to get the mail and she found a letter for her and a letter for me from Angie! She sent me a froggie card - I love froggies and so does Angie! Hannah jumped up and down for 3 minutes because she was so excited, but I just opened mine and read it. We love Angie so much!

Thursday night, we got to see Mommy before AND after volleyball! But, we were so excited from a fun night that we had a hard time falling asleep. My brain didn't shut off until after 10 o'clock!

Friday, Mommy made us do our optional homework for school. She laughed at my paper. I'm not sure why, but Daddy smiled at my assignment, too. Mom said I didn't quite understand the last question - I don't understand what's wrong with my answer. I know 4+3 is 7 and so is 5+2. That's how I got my answers.



Shortly after homework was done, we were surprised when Grandma & Grandpa S. walked in the door! We were so happy to see them! We played Hangman with them  for a little while. (Hangman is our new favorite game. We play it in Spanish class.) Then we went out to a yummy restaurant! The had delicious bread to go with my Mac & Cheese; Hannah's spaghetti & meatballs. This place was so cool, we could draw on the table with crayons, and there was a guy walking around singing in Italian! He even came to our table and sang a song to us. Since we were kids, he sang a song and tried to get us to guess what movie it was from. Hannah and I needed a little help to remember it was Bella Notte from Lady &The Tramp. Bella Notte means BEAUTIFUL NIGHT.

Saturday morning Hannah went to Thomas tool with Grandpa before we had basketball. We played another game - this time against the yellow team. The score was close, but we won! Hannah and I are not the most aggressive players on the team, but we're learning. The coach is really helping us try to learn the rules of the game. We spent the rest of the afternoon playing - mostly with Grandma, but Grandpa quit working in the afternoon to play with us in the basement.

Today was a fun day in Sunday School. We made dirt pudding! It was messy, but really a fun way to learn about what the story of the sower is about. We SMASHED our cookies like Jesus SMASHES sin, put the cookies in some pudding to make dirt. Then, we put a candy heart in our dirt pudding to remember how God's word grows in our hearts. Then we got to EAT our dirt pudding while Daddy read our bible story  and Mommy drew our lesson on the board.

After Sunday School, we came home and read some books to Grandma & Grandpa. We were sad that they had to go. But, we are excited that tomorrow is back to school, and we're going to get more snow!




Have a great week!
Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment