Sunday, February 27, 2011

Busy week!

We had such a great week!
Sunday, it snowed. a LOT! Lots of snow melted last week, but we got another 10 inches of snow all day Sunday and Monday. Sue was closed because of a holiday so we stayed home with Daddy. (His work was closed because of all the snow anyway!) We went out to play early in the afternoon and had fun. We caught snowflakes on our tongues, slid down the slide, jumped in the snow and made snowballs. We had a blast! Later on, our neighbor asked if we wanted to come to their house and sled on their big snowpile. It was tall before, but now it's even taller than Melissa, our neighbor! We were wet and cold when we got in the house, but so happy to enjoy the snow.
Tuesday we went back to Sue's to see our friends. It was a pretty good day.
Wednesday we learned Jack & Jill at school. We made a scene with crayons & paper so we could show mommy the story. Last week, we learned Humpty Dumpty. This week, it was Jack & Jill. Mommy took a video of us so Grandma & Grandpa can watch us act out Jack & Jill. We were also dressed up in costumes. Hannah was Tinkerbell- Mommy said she looked much more like Tink with no turtleneck and tights under her dress.(She was dressed up in layers when she wore it at Halloween!) I was Lightning McQueen's pit crew. I drove around in the dark for a while - until Cheyenne tripped in the dark, and Mom reminded me that race cars don't have headlights. They have stickers because the track is always lit!
Thursday & Friday Daddy dropped us off AND picked us up because Mommy worked a lot. We love daddy, but like when Mommy can pick us up sometimes. Thursday we did get to meet mommy at the eye doctor after Dady picked us up. She picked out new glasses. We tried on some just for fun, but didn't get to buy anything. Just mommy.
Mommy did make it home to put us to bed every night this week, so we liked that.
Friday morning, I woke up Daddy when I yelled Mommy's name. I told him I couldn't get down my ladder of my bunk bed because my ladder gives me stitches. Daddy was nice enough to lift me off my bed, even though he didn't feel well. After we got home Friday, Daddy had to help me get down three more times. He told me if I couldn't get down, using my ladder he would make me sleep on the bottom bunk. So, when I couldn't get down again, he took the mattress, sheets and blankets off my bed and put them on the bottom and took Hannah's mattress, sheets & blankets and put them on the top bunk. So, now I sleep on the bottom bunk and Hannah sleeps on the top.
Friday, Hannah even wore curlers in her hair so she could have curly hair.
Saturday, we woke Mommy up early and got breakfast while she got ready to play volleyball with the Divas. She took curlers out of Hannah's hair and it was curly. Hannah was so happy! She LOVED it! We got ready and went to skating with Dad. Daddy was SO PROUD of us! Hannah got up by herself on the ice and I was even starting to glide on my skates. We both went on the ice willingly and did so good! As a reward, Daddy brought us to see Mommy and the Divas at the volleyball tournament and eat sloppy joes. We were happy to see mom, but we also got to play with some other Diva's kids.
After the tournament we went to daddy's friend Dean's. His wife died, so everyone was sad, but we loved it because there were other kids there and lots of older people who read books to us. After that, Daddy's friend Ted wanted us to come to his house. That was so cool! He took us for a ride on his snowmobile. It was so fun! Hannah and I both loved it! Then, Ted's son Jeremy showed us his secret train room. It was a crawlspace under his dad's kitchen that was converted into a whole train area! We could stand up, but Daddy had to sit down because he was too tall. There are model trains that really move with controls and they make noise like real trains. It was so awesome. We spent over an hour playing with his trains before we had to go. But all the way home, we yelled "Jeremy & Ted!" so Daddy knew we want to go back sometime.
When we got home, I even drew a picture of me in the train room with the tracks all around me and the controls by me.
After we got home, Mommy called and asked if we wanted to eat out with the Divas so we got back in the truck and went to Applebees with Diva Carol, Diva Renee and their families. We got our own kids table, but I had a hard time sitting still. (Even though, I went into the mall and jogged while we waited for our table.)
Daddy was so happy that we were good all day.
Today, we went to Sunday school and our teachers were late! Daddy took over and sang with us and read us a story, then we started to make crowns when TJ and Miss Penny showed up with balloons! They brought balloons so Daddy could make balloon animals for us and all our Sunday School friends. Mom and Dad stuck around and talked to our teachers for a long time so we played with their grandkids. It was fun. Then we got in the car and didn't go home - we drove for a long time until Hannah figured out we were going to Angie's! We were so excited to see Grandma and Grandpa when we got there. We got to play with Grandma, Grandpa and Angie for a while before we went home again. It was sure a busy weekend, but we were very good, so Mom and Dad were very happy with us.
Maybe this week will be just as busy - time will tell.
Have a great week!
Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment