Sunday, December 12, 2010

SNOW DAY!

Wow! We thought we had a lot of snow before, but now we REALLY have a lot of snow.
Last week, Mommy was very late picking us up from daycare on Friday because she was stuck in traffic with lots of snow. We got to hang out with Megan, though, which was fun!
After Mommy picked us up, we went to get our hair cut. Hannah wanted hair short, so she cut 3 or 4 inches off of her hair! Hopefully it won't hurt so bad when Mom & Dad brush it now. I have NEVER liked to have my hair cut when Mom & Dad took us to salons. I've always thrown a fit when I got my hair cut, but this time I was very good. I sat nicely for the stylist. We were so good, that we got balloons, combs, suckers, tattoos AND Mom & Dad took us to SUBWAY! It was awesome.
On Saturday, we were very good at skating. Hannah didn't cry and she moved her feet and tried really hard. I decided to skate over to the next class to see what the more advanced class was doing, and another little girl took my hand and helped me skate with them. Mommy & Daddy laughed.
After we got done skating, Mom & Dad were so happy with us that they took us to a Christmas dance at the Community Center. Santa was there, but we had already talked to him at Santaland, so we just danced at the dance, colored, did crafts and got tattoos. Santa's reindeer were also there, so we made sure to tell them not to miss our house this year. We've been very good, but our house is not green anymore! We don't want Santa to miss it.
We also got to go out and see a petting zoo - there were no cages or anything between us and the animals. We just could walk up to a goat, horse, cow, goose or bunny and pet them. It was so cool.
I've been bugging Mom & Dad to put up the blow-up penguins in the front yard, so they FINALLY did it today. We love those penguins! Daddy bought a remote control for the penguins so we can turn them on and blow them up from inside the house, and it's a big treat for me to turn them on!
Mommy also let me wear my new Bumblebee Transformer costume Monday because my Optimus prime broke. I love it - I have worn it every night this week. I'm an awesome bumblebee! Hannah got a new ladybug, too, so she could be a ladybug or Ariel when she dresses up.
Friday night, Hannah read a bedtime story to me. I don't know if it was the right words, but it was fun to have someone other than Dad or Mom read to me.
Saturday morning (yesterday), we woke up for skating and found SO MUCH SNOW EVERYWHERE! There was so much that our blow up penguins were gone! Daddy dug really deep to find them buried in the snow in the front yard, but they wouldn't light up, so something was wrong. After skating class, we went to Target to buy toys that Mom & Dad said were for kids who don't have toys. It's hard to imagine not having toys because we have so many, but Mom said some kids don't have toys like ours. After we bought the toys, we drove to bring them to the Marines. The roads were really bad - I don't know how daddy could even find the road because it was so white and snowy - but Daddy is a really good driver so he didn't get stuck in the ditches or intersections like so many other people did. The Marines thanked us and took the toys to kids who don't have toys - he said that some kid will love the Bumblebee Transformer I picked, and someone will love the Barbie Hannah brought.
After that, we got to get McDonalds because we were so good at skating. We both tried really hard - Hannah moved her feet and I kept moving and listening to the teacher. I want to be a good skater so I can play HOCKEY! When we got home, Daddy had to get the snowblower out and blow the sidewalk clean again because so much snow had fallen while we were gone. And, it was still falling!
We just stayed in for the rest of the day. We watched a few Christmas specials and baked cookies while it finally stopped snowing. The snow is higher than Cheyenne's back! This is a picture of the path that Mommy shoveled on the deck. The deck was cleared off with no snow on Friday, but today, we had all this snow!
Now it's just really cold. Church and Sunday School were cancelled today, so we just hung out and home and played with our toys and helped Mommy with Christmas gifts. She's really far behind on wrapping those! Daddy went to play volleyball, then picked us up and took us out to eat where we got to see Diva Carol and Ron. Yay!
We're very excited because we're turning into FOUR! Our birthday is just one week away.
Now that we're four, we get to go to SCHOOL! Mom said that she's going to enroll us in preschool with our friend Joey. We get to ride the bus from Sue's and everything. We're so excited to go to regular school 3 times a week!
Well, it's getting late. It's going to be a busy week leading into a busy weekend, so we've got to get our rest.
Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment